Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tell Me Something Good!


I'm linking up with Rowdy In First. She is having a linky party on being positive. I need this right now in my life. Sometimes I feel like at the beginning of school I get so bogged down with all the hustle and bustle. That I forget to look at the positive. 
Something good at home:  My youngest brother just turned 24 and we celebrated his birthday tonight. It was so nice to spend time with him and actually talk to him in person. I don't see him much because he works swing shift and is in college. He's a hardworking guy. So it was nice to hang out with him. Also we have a church program tomorrow and my son has a speaking part (he's only 5). We worked all day on it and he has it memorized. I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see him up in front of everyone speaking.                                                                                                                           Something good at school: I started teaching first grade this year. I have taught second grade for 8 years ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE Second grade). All summer I have been dreading going down. I was really worried about how I was going to manage kids even younger than second graders. But I'm going to admit it. I actually think I really like First Grade. I can't believe I said it. But they're so cute, kind, and just sponges. I think it's going to be a pretty great year.
A few giveaways you might want to know about The Teacher Idea Factory is having an awesome giveaway right now. Which I so need. I feel like writing is where I am lacking.
Rowdy in Room 300 and Sensational Seconds are both giving away a laminator that has my name on it. So pretend like you didn't see this post. :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad I found your blog through the linky. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Last year I switched from first grade to second grade and I am loving it. You will love first grade just as much! The growth is unbelievable. I am your newest follower!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great that your son has a speaking part at church and he is so young! And I moved from fourth to first. Talk about panic! But now I know it was the place for me! I love first! Let me know if you need any help! So happy you linked up!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find your sweet blog ... I am an Aussie teacher and looking forward to finding out what happens on the other side of the world :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

view sourceprint? 01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover