Friday, August 24, 2012

Freebie Friday!!!

   I'm so excited to share this birthday freebie with you. This is how I celebrate birthdays in my classroom. For this birthday activity, you have two options: first you could print page 2 and have the birthday child cut it out. Or option 2, you could have the birthday child cut out page 3 and color it to their liking. Page 4 are sparkle statements. I place one strip on each child’s desk. They have to write a sparkle statement to that child on their birthday. I tell the kids I don’t want them to write Suzy is nice. I want them to think of good qualities about that specific child. We usually have a lesson before. Then when they are finished with their sparkle statement they bring it to my back table. I usually do this first thing in the morning. I make the strips into a chain. I attach the chain to the picture of the cake. If your going to print this off. I would suggest using card stock because it's flimsy without. :). My students have always loved this activity. If you want  to grab a copy of this click on the picture!
 
If your looking for some more FREEBIES check out my TPT Store. I have a lot of them!!

                                My cutie N he didn't really like being the example but he was a good sport. 
Check out Falling Into First to link up with your birthday ideas.

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this birthday idea. I am always looking for new ideas for Birthdays! Thanks so much! I am your newest follower! :)

    Kaitlin Edmunds
    http://kandclovegrade3.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this. I used to have a template for a birthday book, but doing a whole writing piece every time there was a birthday just seemed like WAY too much work. I love the idea of one simple compliment! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up your Name Song. That's such a good idea!! I'm your newest follower.
    Christy
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet and original way to make the birthday kiddo feel like a million bucks on their birthday!! Thanks so much for linking it up!


    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through the birthday linky. Thanks for sharing your birthday book :)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

view sourceprint? 01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover