Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where I teach Wednesday.

 My room is finally done for the most part. We came back from Summer Vacation and it took a lot of cleaning on our part to get things ready. My classroom is all bees. I love the black and yellow look. I'm so lucky to work part-time. I work on Thursdays and Fridays and rotate every Wednesday. My partner teacher is AMAZING!! I love her. This is her last year, she is retiring at the end of this year :(. So if anyone is looking to go part-time with me come apply. I really want to stay part-time at least until my two little ones are in school. 

You may be wondering WHAT FIRST GRADE???? Yeah me too. We found out we're teaching first grade. However. I will still be posting second grade stuff too. Because I LOVE SECOND and I really hope next year I might be able to go back. 


Don't you love vinyl lettering. It's so adorable. My teaching partner found these sayings.
Found these darling bee lights on Etsy. 

Front of the room. 

We handed these out at back to school night. I used my template below and wrote. We're pleased to pieces that you will (bee) in our classroom this year. They were a hit with the kiddos. I love me some REESES. 



Back of the room. Don't mind the mess on the back table. 

We call this area the hive. I love our kiva. My dad built it for us. I do a lot of teaching from this area. See that fan. Yeah we don't have air conditioning. So the next month is going to be HOT!! I feel so bad for the kiddos when it's HOT!
What's your favorite thing in your classroom?


11 comments:

  1. I love your back to school treat!
    Livelaughloveloop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Your classroom is adorable! And so is your blog!!! I love your theme throughout! Your Dad is also very crafty! I wish he could make one for my room too!!!!

    I am your newest follower.

    Alison
    mathswithmeaning.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love your black and yellow! I'm a new follower
    Ann
    The Caffeinated Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is precious! I love all the bee accents. Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hive area! I had one of those in my first grade class when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rikki your classroom is perfect..BEE-utiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pieces idea....I've been using bee theme for years but never used this quote. Thanks for the new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORBS!! Do you mind sharing the template for the Reese's gift? It said it was listed below, my apology if I'm wrong but I do not see it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a link I found to her free bee-themed template that you can edit with the bee poem above.
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Locker-Labels

      Delete
  9. Love your BEE theme, mine too! I love your treat and circle poem, but where is the template? I would love to use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a link I found to her free bee-themed template that you can edit with the bee poem above.
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Locker-Labels

      Delete

Leave some love!

view sourceprint? 01 07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover